April 07, 2015

Start Somewhere


So here I am, typing my first blog entry. All this feels so new (obviously because it is). One thing I do know, is that I am done staying where I am now.

You see, I haven't been doing so well lately. For the past four years of my life, I'd been thinking about seeing a therapist for my socials anxieties and depressed tendencies. I have been blessed with many amazing friends, and last December, one of them told me I should really get into therapy. Because of her persuasiveness, in February I started my counseling. After five very intense sessions, that therapist told me that she thought it'd be best if I would start working on my eating problems and obesity firstly. I expected anything from her really, but not this.

Over the years, eating and my problems with it had become something completely private, something only I knew all about, something I'd never ever discuss with my friends (who seriously, all happen to be goddesses with the most amazing figures and insane metabolisms). Talking about it is the most unknown territory I could possibly enter and yet I'm starting to think maybe this could be the key towards a happier life.

So here I am, about to start an intensive 6 to 12 month process at a center for people with obesity and eating disorders. A team of psychologists, nutritionists, doctors and trainers will be concerned for my health and wellbeing. My goodness.

I hope this blog will be an outlet for all my frustrations and my victories. That you wouldn't hate me when I'm being totally cranky because I didn't get to eat a cheeseburger for weeks (I could really eat one now, by the way), or when I'm upset a weigh-in didn't go as planned. I hope you will cheer with me when I've reached a goal. I know I'm not the only one going through this. There are plenty more of us out there and I'm super excited to get to know you and be inspired by all your stories.

For now, all I'd like to say is "you don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great" - and I think I just did.

See you!

No comments :

Post a Comment